This past weekend I finished up the last class needed for my 200-RYT. I’ve got YogaFit to thank for not only giving me an affordable way to earn a yoga certification but also for being so supportive and helpful to both me and my husband regarding our daughter. Everyone loved her and gave his aching back a break by snatching her away when possible; and I was allowed to breastfeed on demand.
To put it bluntly, they’re awesome! And needless to say, the Wee One stole many hearts. If you’re looking into getting a yoga certification, check them out. They may appear to be non-traditional at first (I thought they were but needed a route I could afford at the time I started), but they really try to convey the essence of yoga in addition to giving you the tools necessary to teach in an infinite number of ways–that one way which is uniquely yours. They may or may not be the program you ultimately decide to go with but they have some great pros, including:
- Pay as you go, per class
- Great conventions
- Experienced, kind instructors (and, sometimes, pets)
- Excellent staff
- They take the GI Bill and the military spouse MyCAA Scholarship
- They offer the 200- and 500-hour RTY programs, and a 100-hour YogaFit for Warriors certification designed to help the military cope with the stresses of daily life, PTSD, trauma and so forth
- It’s looking good for their therapy certification (crossing fingers the IAYT approves their program)
- Classes are offered across the country, and in several countries too
I have had a hard time finding anything negative to say, but I suppose if there is anything, it would be that so much of their apparel and yoga accessories are cute and expensive. Still, with that said, I’ve had a great time earning my 200-RYT and hope to continue onward.
Switching tracks, below are some yummy recipes that have collected themselves in my inbox over the past month. Drool, save them, give them a try, and let me know how you like them!